Thursday, November 6, 2008

Memories Blossom-II

From the Age of 11 to 15

I was always a good Reader. I was having a sweet voice. Always I used to read the passages very clearly with its ups and downs, even a layman can understand what it means. This I came to know in my very later years.

While I was studying in III STd there was a lesson about our country. That lesson will start like this. 'namathu nadagiya India' This I will read like namathu nadaaagiya India" I will give stress on that "nadagiya" . I even now rember that my dad was telling to my mom see how she reads, and repeated the sentence as it is read by me. . Instead of commenting against my face they should have appreciated my accent and pronounciation. But I took it in the wrong sense and thought I am poor in reading. ( so in this way I developed inferiority complex). Why I am telling this old story in this place here comes the new story.

In sixth Standard there was a poem about a Dove. "I had a sweet dove ...." Now I could not recollect the poem. Recitation of this poem by me impressed my teacher whose name is Joyee and she is very fond of me and she was always affectionate towards me. Even after I went to the next class she sent a group of students with instructions to learn that poem from. Then only I came to know that I used to read the lessons with feel.

Next I wish to tell you another thing. My hair was very long and thick. I do not know how to comb my hair or how to tie etc. Whenever my mom was in monthly rest I used to go to a family friend's house nearby to tie my hair. One day I was angry with my mom and left for school without tieing the hair and went to that friends house to tie the hair. They thought thatI came to tie my hair as usual since my mom will be out of doors and when I told that due to anger I came they scolded me and advised me not to do like that thereafter.

In School I was very obedient, I will not usually play , and will always keep calm. These actions will be inspired by my teachers. WE students used to go to the huts which was at the backside of the school for drinking water during the interval.

While studying in VII Std there will be an interval between the 2nd and 3rd period. One day when the bell rang after the first period is over, I mistook it it is interval between and 2nd and 3rd period and I ran fastly to the hut where we used to go for drinking water in the pretext that I was the first to enter the house to drink water. Alals none was behind me. The people at hut also asked why me alone came what about others. And I ran fast and come to school by that time the teacher was ready there for taking the next class. I was very much afraid . But the teacher did not ask me anything and allowed me in class.

There was only Classes upto VIII Std in St Joseph's Branch school and we have to shift to some other school for next higher class. On the last day of VIII Standard my class Teacher Mr O Desigachari, I remember the name is correct, though advised the entire class to study well, proper behaviour etc. appreciated me , me alone for mygood character and behavious. I was very proud of myself.

I was admitted to Std IX in St Mary's School. In most of the classes teachers will have very high esteem on me. But I was not upto that mark. In IX Standard my miss wanted me to participate and Elocution competition. I did nt do that good. Due to lack of confidence in me I did not shine well. I was Mangu then. (What about now? u r asking . I know) In My IX Class in a function I have been made to participate in a dance. As I wore no jewel my teacher borrowed a chain from a girl of next class and gave me to wear. After the program was over it is noticed that I missed the chain somewhere. I did not know where I missed it. Even I dont know whether it is gold chain and covering chain. Poor girl . I dont know what happened to her at home. The next year that girl committed suicide. (not for this reason that is missing of chain .

While studying in XI standard I was admired by my Headmistress. (nun) and if I get lesser mark she will feel very bad. Occasionally I used to come home for lunch for which My Science Teacher Jayamma Teacher will scold me for wasting my time by going home for lunch. Since most of the teachers know my father well everybody will be watching over me, at the same time shower their affection on me. Though I wanted to get more marks than my brother I god only about 60% in my school final.


No comments: